NYC Design Build
Our comprehensive Design Build approach and expertise enable us to work with you almost seamlessly to create and build a project from concept through completion. We analyze your existing environment – apartment, co-op or condo – to establish the possibilities of both the design aesthetic and functional aspects of your residential renovation or remodel. It allows us to deliver a project that reflects your lifestyle philosophy.
Pre-Construction Budget Development and Planning
Pre-Construction Budget Development and Planning involves the creation of a detailed budget and plan for our Design Build project before it begins. This process is essential to ensure that construction will be completed on time and within budget.
- Total Project Cost Development
- Materials for Final Design
- Asbestos Testing and Remediation
- Engineering Services to finalize
- Structural Changes
- Central AC Engineered Plans
- Acoustical Reporting
Project Analysis and Design Development
Project Analysis and Design Development covers the early stages of the Design Build project. Our goal is to provide a clear understanding of the renovation scope and objectives, identify potential issues and opportunities, and create a detailed design and renovation plan that will guide us every step of the way.
- Design Concept & Planning
- Lighting Design & Planning
- Furniture/ Space Planning
- Site Assessments
- Site Surveys
- Construction Drawings & Plans
- Complete specifications for Final Material Selections
We review building code and zoning regulations, prepare architectural drawings, plans, and necessary documents, and coordinate the submission and approval process with the DOB.
Expedited Building Management Board Approvals & DOB Filings
We provide comprehensive management and coordination of the Building Management and Board Approval process for projects, ensuring that all necessary approvals are obtained from the building’s management and board as well as preparation and submission of documents for New York City Department of Buildings (DOB). This includes review of building regulations, alteration plan submittals and approvals required by the Buildings (Townhome, Condo or Co-op), as well as building code and zoning regulations, and documents. Some examples of filings include:
- Special Inspections
- Landmark Preservation Commission
Design Build Services
A one-stop solution for your NYC renovation. Our full-service approach integrates both design and construction into a single contract, managed by a single entity, Paula McDonald Design Build & Interiors. We handle everything from start to finish, including concept design, permitting, construction and final inspection.
- Construction – Serving as General Contractor including Project Management in the Design Build Model
- Custom Millwork
- Kitchen and Bath Cabinetry
- Custom Built Ins
- Entertainment Units
- Wall to wall built-ins to cover radiator, AC and combined PTAC units and storage
- Custom Furniture Design & Production
Our comprehensive Design Build construction project management approach provides clients with a seamless and stress-free experience. We manage every aspect of the process to deliver a final project that reflects our clients lifestyle tastes and preferences. Project management includes, but is not limited to:
- Construction Plan Review and Management
- Construction Planning/Timelines
- Interior Design Project Management
Paula works closely with you to understand your vision, and provides expert guidance on what to expect during the Design Build process, including design, materials, budgeting, and project management. We pride ourselves on delivering an almost seamless process and we are committed to ensuring that your apartment, condo, or co-op renovation is a success.
- Site Analysis
- Preliminary/Concept Architectural Drawings
- Construction Drawings
- Complete Specifications for Material Finishes
- Material Procurement and Delivery
- Smart Home Systems
Interior Design encompasses more than aesthetics; a well-crafted design plan includes functional elegance in every element. Paula McDonald Design Build & Interiors aims for the nearly flawless execution of your lifestyle philosophy.
- Material Finish Selections
- Material Procurement and Delivery
- Window Treatments
- Furniture Selections and Procurement based on Furniture Plans
How Do I Get Started
If you’re planning a renovation for your Manhattan apartment, condo, co-op, and want to work with Paula McDonald Design Build & Interiors, please visit our contact page and provide your residence type, Street Easy link (if available), address, budget expectation and a description of your project.