Prewar Contemporary Partial Renovation: 16 W 16th St, NYC
This 2 BR/1Bath apartment Co-op in Chelsea was in a typical 60’s building, last renovated in the 80’s and needed a gut renovation to bring it into the 21st Century.
Type: Contemporary 2 BR, Principal Bath Renovation
Duration: 3 months
Rooms: 2 BR/1 Bath Co-op
Renovation Highlights :
- Old World Inspiration – Custom mosaic as focus for the bath from Complete Tile
- White Thassos wall tiles
- Custom Wall to Wall principal bedroom Cabinetry with Smoked grey rift cut walnut upper storage contrasting white drawer storage below and TV concealed in center
- Wired Window treatments
- Resource Furniture Custom Murphy Bed
- Custom radiator and AC wall to wall covers with white Caesarstone tops
- White Oak engineered floors
The full story behind the Chelsea contemporary gut renovation : This 2 BR/1Bath apartment Co-op was in a typical 60’s building, last renovated in the 80’s and needed a gut renovation to bring it into the 21st Century.
Our client selected beautiful materials that were dramatic in contrast with the custom mosaic as the focus for the principal bath.
In the Principal bedroom, we added the accent wall color facing the wall to wall storage to complement it. New window treatments as well, along with the new custom Radiator and AC wall to wall covers with pure white Caesarstone tops complemented the new white oak driftwood grey engineered floors perfectly and added the finishing touches to create a Contemporary Gem! We love it!!
If you love this Prewar Contemporary Partial Renovation in Chelsea as much as we do, you can book a renovation consultation to see what Paula McDonald Design Build & Interiors can do for you!